Sunday, September 21, 2008

No More Migraines and Other good things!


I mentioned earlier that my husband was drinking a nutritional beverage for his cancer battle, but I wanted to share a little bit about what it has done for me.  I started drinking it in May when my friend Anna said that it would help with energy levels.  More energy sounded really good to me!

For years, I had drug myself into the doctor asking why am I so tired all the time.  They would tell me that I was a mom, so I was supposed to be tired and that I should eat more bananas, take vitamins, and exercise.  Um, hello, how am I supposed to exercise when I am too tired to get off the couch!  They would then check my thyroid and my iron level and tell me everything was just fine.  So, I would go back to being tired all the time, sleeping in the afternoon, and working hard one week and doing nothing the next.  I hated the cycle of working hard and then crashing, but the doctors kept telling me I was fine.

So, I got a bottle of this 19 fruit juice to see if it might help with my energy level.  By day 3, I noticed I was sleeping better at night and had more energy.  I drank the first bottle, but wasn't convinced yet that it was this bottle of juice that was making a difference.  I got another one and kept feeling better.  After two months of drinking it, I realized that a lot of what I had been feeling before was PAIN!  And it was gone!!!!  The reason I didn't want to get off the couch is that it hurt to move, but I had gotten so used to it that I just thought it was exhaustion.  

I now wonder if I had/have fibromyalgia that was never diagnosed.  I have a lot of the symptoms.  I was diagnosed with IBS in college, I would get several migraines a month, brain fog, tired all the time, yet when sleeping would get poor sleep.  

This has been a miracle in a bottle for me.  I now feel rested when I wake up in the morning.  I am alert and actually coherent when I get up.  My close friends knew NOT to call me before 9 because I wasn't up and awake yet, but that has changed.  I haven't had a migraine since I started drinking it.  I don't hurt like I used to.  My skin is a lot smoother than it used to be.  My cholesterol has gone done too.  It was borderline high last year.  I had it checked after a month of drinking this amazing juice and it had gone down some.  I need to get it checked again. 

Another great thing is that I am enjoying my kids more now -  we have done a lot together this summer and I hope it only gets better this fall.   

I had a melanoma removed about 4 years ago and I am excited because the acai berry has shown in lab tests that it fights melanoma.  I feel like I don't have to worry quite so much now about that coming back.  For the past few years, I have been a hermit during the summer.  Maybe now I can get out and enjoy the sun!

I have also lost 5 pounds!  I hope a few more pounds will fall off now.  :)  

Anyway, I am singing the praises of this beverage, which means Gift from the Amazon.  It truly has been a gift to me.  I have my life back!!

~~Amy~~
 

No comments: